The PADI Divemaster course builds on the problem-solving skills developed in the PADI Rescue Diver program and extends their application from accident management and prevention, to supervisory situations with students and certified divers. This diving internship also helps divers form the appropriate leadership attitude and prepares them to make sound judgement calls. Divemaster candidates learn to problem-solve safety-related issues, and have a positive solution-orientated attitude toward customer service, business and operational challenges.
The PADI Divemaster Course is unlike any other, and the relationship that develops between the instructor and the Divemaster Candidate is more of a mentor, coach, counselor, and friend. This bonding is amazing, and fortunately the diving environment provides an enjoyable and relaxed atmosphere – during the training and afterwards.
- Water Skills
- Knowledge Development
- Practical Application
- 400 m swim
- 800 m swim with mask and snorkel and fins
skill circuits – refining basic scuba skills so that you can role model for beginner and certified divers.
- Rescue Assessment Ex. 7 Unconscious diver on the surface from the rescue course
- 15 mins Tread Water (last 2 mins – hands above water)
- Role and characteristics of a Divemaster
- Supervising diving activities for certified divers
- Assisting with student divers in training
- Diving Physics
- Diving Physiology
- Diving Skills and Environment
- Decompression Theory and Dive table
- Dive Equipment
- Dive Management and Control
- Risk Management
- Business and Marketing of Diving
- Dive Master Conducted Programs
- Furthering your dive career
- Emergency Assistance Plan for Diving Emergencies in the local area
- Mapping a local open water dive site
- Volunteer Ecological Program for Marine Conservation
This involves training activities using various structured training sessions simulated scenarios and internship sessions with realistic PADI Programs taking place. These training sessions enable you to gain practical experience as an instructional assistant and a supervisor of open water diving activities both as a coordinator and as an underwater guide.
Also expanding your knowledge on Specialty courses including:
- Search and Recovery Diver
- Wreck Diver
- Deep Diver
- Nitrox (Enrich Air Diver)
- Peak Performance Bouyancy Diver
- Ecological Montitoring Program
- Project Aware
- Reef Conservation
During your Divemaster Program with us, we teach you the first dive of each specialty as part of you Divemaster training program, yet you may prefer to continue and obtain the complete rating. As we would like you to enhance your knowledge for these specialties we provide our Divemaster Trainee’s with a 50% discount on all specialty retail rates. For further information please contact us.
Through this diving internship, PADI Divemaster candidates develop exemplary dive skills including fine tuning rescue skills. They also strengthen their dive theory knowledge, which is the foundation for creative problem solving.
PADI Divemasters gain competence as PADI Certified Assistants and Dive Supervisors.
Certified PADI Divemasters are role models who follow responsible dive practices and demonstrate care for the aquatic environment. Their knowledge, skill and enthusiasm for diving helps people have fun within their interests and skill levels.